alg Seaweed is Australia s newest and fastest growing seaweed brand started by Sarah Leung, dietitian in Melbourne. The name, alg stems from the word algae, which is the umbrella name for all seaweed. To pronounce it, you take out the ae from algae and you ll be left with alg a 100% all natural and delicious addition to many dishes with numerous health benefits. Seaweed is a nutrient powerhouse providing our bodies with many macro and micronutrients; it s also Australian made and owned. High in iodine, it assists in regulating hormones, which affect organ function. This includes regulating metabolism and foetal brain development during pregnancy. alg Seaweed is a sprinkle, so you can add it into your salads, on meats, eggs, avocado and fish. And you ll find it used in many traditional cuisines. Incorporating alg into dishes can boost overall health and nutrition in one s diet, but Sarah s larger goal is to educate people on how to reconnect with the kitchen and cook simple meals. Aside from fostering new flavours on our palate, alg Seaweed also supports a clean ocean environment. By harvesting an noxious algae species known as Wakame, alg Seaweed is protecting our ocean and its native species from the threats of seaweed surplus. So, not only does alg bring delectable new flavours that reinvigorate your meals, the company is helping to maintain balance in our ocean it s no wonder alg Seaweed is turning taste buds!
- You agree that the address to which we may deliver is the address you gave for delivery as part of your order or any other address we may subsequently agree to accept as the delivery address. We will not deliver unless all requested delivery details are given when you place your order.
- You agree that we may rely on any person who is at the address you gave for delivery, and who takes receipt of your ordered products, as being authorised for that purpose.
- All attempts will be made to ship items in original packaging. There may be instances where packaging can be damaged in transit. Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance, therefore we request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
- Alg Seaweed does not offer refunds. However, it is in our policy to insure all our products above $350 for shipping. (See cost of shipping)
Delivery Time and Shipping
- Alg Seaweed will ship within 24 to 48 hours
- We will ship within Australia. International buyer must contact us first directly via email. ALg Seaweed may not ship to all international countries.
- Delivery timeframe will be based on AustPost. Usually, the estimated delivery times are as follows:
- Melbourne: 1-2 working days
- Sydney: 1-2 working days
- Brisbane: 3-4 working days
- Adelaide: 4-5 working days
- New Zealand: 6-7 working days
Cost of shipping
$8.5 flat rate within Australia. Free shipping for over $24
Within Australia, shipping insurance are inclusive as part of the shipping cost for items above $350 in value. Additional fees and charges applies for international shipping.