1. Pit the olives using either a small knife or cherry stoner.
2. Rinse the preserved lemon in a couple of changes of fresh water, pat dry and carefully slice the flesh away from the skin. Discard the flesh and chop the skin roughly.
3. Add all the ingredients apart from the extra virgin olive oil and verjuice in a food processor and blend until the mixture is combined but still a little coarse.
4. Remove the mixture from the food processor and place into a mixing bowl. Incorporate the extra virgin olive oil and verjuice until the mixture is coarse but spreadable. Add a little more verjuice or extra virgin olive oil and mix through well if required.
5. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
6. Serve with fresh bread and labne or ricotta.
Maggie Tip: Check the flavour of preserved artichoke if vinegar too dominant. Rinse carefully, dry and drizzle with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil for an hour before you begin the recipe.This dip can also be used to stuff a boned leg of lamb.