Lemon, Olive Oil & Coconut Cake (Gluten Free)
Full of Spring flavours and decorated with edible flowers this delightfully simple gluten-free cake is sure to be a hit at your next get-together.Content information
- Nov 27, 2017
2 lemons (zested & juiced) + 1 extra for icing
300g golden caster sugar
3 large eggs
300ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
200g gluten free flour
4 tsp gluten free baking powder
100g desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180oC
2. Rub lemon zest through golden caster sugar. Add the eggs and beat until thick and creamy.
3. Combine Extra Virgin Olive Oil, milk and lemon juice into egg mixture.
4. Sift gluten free flour, gluten free baking powder onto wet mix.
5. Add desiccated coconut and stir until just combined.
7. Pour into a lined or buttered and floured cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
To serve top with a basic lemon icing and decorate with foraged edible flowers.
Recipe kindly provided by Cooladerra Farm and Kate at Flower Food.