Black Garlic spread, sliced avocado & poached egg on sourdough
Black Garlic for breakfast? Oh yes Black Garlic and eggs are a wonderful combination. Bust out this recipe at your next brunch. Your friends will think you are a culinary hero.Content information
- May 29, 2018
1 Bulb of Tolga Estate Australian Black Garlic
50ml Vegetable Stock
20g Butter (room temperature)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Large egg
1 tbsp. rice vinegar or other mild-tasting vinegar
1. Peel skins off black garlic. Add black garlic, stock and blend into a smooth texture. Pass
through a sieve and season with salt and/or pepper to taste. Leave aside.
2. Heat 2/3 full saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Reduce down to a brisk simmer (you
should see bubbles rising to the surface at this point).
3. Crack egg into a small cup (preferably a cup with a long handle). Add vinegar to the water
(optional for those that want a firmer, more ‘squeaky’ texture to the white). Ease the egg
from the cup into the water carefully. Cook for 4 minutes (or according to taste) this will
allow a firm white and a gooey, but still runny yolk.
4. Remove the egg from the water using a slotted spoon. Pat the egg dry (optional).
5. Remove the skin and pit of the avocado. Slice the avocado on the diagonal, length-wise or
according to desired preference.
6. Serve sour dough either fresh or toasted (depending on preference). Spread the black
garlic on the toast, place your sliced avocado, then finish with your poached egg
on top. Season with salt and pepper and consume immediately.
Recipe kindly provided by Tolga Estate Australian Black Garlic