FILET MIGNON, HORSE RADISH BUTTER, BLACK GARLIC, POTATO FONDANT & BROCCOLINI FLORETS
FILET MIGNON, HORSE RADISH BUTTER,
BLACK GARLIC, POTATO FONDANT
& BROCCOLINI FLORETS
- May 29, 2018
1 Filet Mignon steak, each about
6 ounces and 2 inches in thickness
1 tbsp. Canola Oil
2 tbsp. Butter
Tolga Estate Australian Black Garlic (chopped)
1 Head Broccolini (cut into florets)
HORSE RADISH BUTTER
100g Butter (soften and whipped)
Horse Radish (grated)
50g Chopped Parsley
2 Desired Potatoes (peeled, cut into barrel shapes using a cookie cutter)
1. Filet Mignon – pre-heat oven to 180°C. Season filet mignon with salt and pepper on
both sides. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Heat a large oven-proof pan
over medium heat and add canola oil. Add the filet mignon to the hot pan and cook for
4 minutes. Flip the filet mignon and add butter to the pan. Periodically spoon butter over
meat. Once browned, transfer the pan to pre-heated oven and set timer: 5 mins for rare, 6
mins for medium-rare, or 7 mins for medium.
2. Horse Radish Butter – whip the butter until soft. Add horse radish, chopped parsley and
season with salt. Set aside.
3. Potato Fondant – heat butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add potatoes and fry
until deep golden brown. Transfer the pan into a pre-heated oven at 160°C and cook for
another 10 to 15 minutes. Take out and season with salt and pepper.
4. Broccolini Florets – bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt. Add the
broccolini florets and cook until crisp-tender. Remove and plunge immediately in iced
water to stop the cooking process.
5. Place your filet mignon on the plate, add your fondant and florets around it. Dollop horse
radish onto the steak, and add some chopped Tolga Estate Australian Black Garlic.
Recipe kindly provided by Tolga Estate Australian Black Garlic