G’ma Blue’s Sausage Rolls
Andre Henry from Glencoe Farms shares his mum’s secret weapon for making the most delicious sausage rolls.Content information
- May 26, 2017
Andre Henry from Glencoe Farms Australia shares his mum’s secret weapon for making the most delicious sausage rolls.
4 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
1 tbsp milk
500g veal mince (or beef mince) and 500g sausage mince
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, coarsely grated
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 jar of Grandma Blue’s Bolognese Sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2. Thaw puff pastry. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a small jug. Whisk well.
3. Combine veal and sausage mince, onion, carrot, garlic, parsley and sauces in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 8.
4. Lay a sheet of pastry on a flat surface. Cut sheet in half horizontally, or make any size or shape you wish. Spoon 1/8 of the mince mixture down along the long side of one pastry half, shaping mince into a long sausage shape. Brush opposite long edge with a little egg mixture.
5. Roll up pastry to enclose filling, finishing seam side down. Brush top of log with egg mixture. Cut into 6 short pieces.
6. Place pieces, seam side down on prepared tray, approx. 2cm apart. Repeat with remaining mince mixture, pastry and egg wash.
7. Bake at 220°C for 10 minutes, then 190°C for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Recipe kindly provided by Glencoe Farms Australia