La Tortilleria Fish Tacos
An alternative Mexican dish that is delicious, fresh and light. This Fish Taco recipe from La Tortilleria is bursting with flavour. Perfect for a Summer evening with friends and a few cervezas!Content information
- Nov 08, 2017
FISH MARINADE INGREDIENTS
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together and cover the fish completely. Place the fish properly covered in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- 1 hour before serving the fish, blend the chipotles until smooth, mix all the ingredients for the salsa together and place in the fridge covered. Add more chipotle if you want salsa to be spicier.
- Finely diced the tomatoes and chop the coriander. Mix them together with the olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on grill or frying pan skin down first. After 5 minutes flip fillets, remove the skin and cook for another 5 minutes. Flip fish one last time and cook until it flakes.
- Whilst fish is cooking, reheat tortillas in a fry pan and place in a tortilla-warmer or tea towel to keep warm.
Place tortillas on plate, add the fish flakes and top with tomato & coriander mix. Add salsa as desired. Serve with lettuce and cucumber salad and a wedge of lime.
Recipe kindly provided by our resident Mexican cuisine experts La Tortilleria.