Indulge in this light and fluffy, gluten free sponge. Full of strawberries, jam and cream this gorgeous cake really ticks all the boxes.
Ingredients 4 free range eggs 4 tablespoons sugar 3/4 cup King Valley Popcorn Flour 1 tablespoon cornflour 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon butter 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven 180C.
2. Grease and line 2 x 20cm round sponge tins.
3. Beat eggs and sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale.
4. Place butter and milk in a small jug or saucepan and heat until just boiling.
5. Sieve flours together then gently fold combined combined popcorn flour and cornflour into egg mixture. Once combined fold in the boiling milk and butter. Do not over mix.
6. Divide between tins and bake for 18-20mins or until springs back when pressed. Turn immediately onto wire rack, fill and decorate as required when cool.
We recommend decorating with lashings of whipped Chantilly cream (just add vanilla and icing sugar to your cream as you whip) and fresh chopped strawberries. Sponges are so versatile you can really use any kind of filling such as jam, merengue, macerated or fresh fruit.