Super Simple Salads
These salads are quick and simple to prepare. Great additions to your festive feast.Content information
- Dec 10, 2017
As the name suggests this is a throw together salad that includes anything that is on hand bar the kitchen sink. We included a mix of:
Large Shell Pasta
Big Kabulis (Chickpeas) - Wits End Pulses
For the dressing we whipped up a Zesty Lemon Vinaigarette:
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and pepper to taste
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
This is can be blended to create a really creamy consistency. The acid based dressing breathes new life into salad and gives it a summery zing.
Green Beans & Toasted Almonds
1. Simply top and tail the beans, no need to be too precise.
2. Blanch the beans in boiling water, just until they are bright green. Quickly strain the beans and refresh under cold running water (or ice bath) to stop the cooking process and keep the beans nice and crunchy and green.
3. Toss beans in a bowl drizzle with EVOO, lemon juice and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Chop almonds into halves or quarters, or use slivered or flaked almonds. Toast in a hot fry pan until they have nicely browned.
5. Plate up your beans as you wish and sprinkle with toasted almonds. A simple but very tasty dish.
Recipes provided by Farmhouse